This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

A & E Advice



When to use the A&E Department:

During 2014 and June 2015 1,703 patients from this practice attended the Accident and Emergency Department...

...How many of these were appropriate attendances?

Before you go to Accident and Emergency have you considered any of the following options?...

Out of Surgery Hours

For out of hours medical problems that cannot wait until the following day, please see below...

The Haywood Walk in Centre

Tel. 01782 673500

The Haywood NHS Walk-In Centre is situated at Haywood Hospital.

Opening hours are  Monday to Friday 7.00am to 10.00pm, Weekends and Bank Holidays 9.00am to 10.00pm.

This is for treatment of minor injuries.

NHS 111

Tel. 111

You can call 111 when you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency.

An operator will direct you to the most appropriate care. This could mean an out of hours doctor, A&E, a Walk in Centre, a community nurse, emergency dentist or late opening chemist.

This free service is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

A & E should only be used for anything that is classed as an accident and emergency, including-

        * Choking                                      * Chest Pain

          * Suspected Stroke                     * Severe Blood Loss

          * Broken Bones                           * Deep Wounds

        * Loss of Consciousness

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website